GLOBAL CORPORATE CHALLENGE
- Emergency Services
- Pay and Reward
- PPMA Shires Network
- Workforce Strategy
- Wellbeing, Job Creation and Worklessness
- Talent Management
- Membership Engagement and CPD
- Leadership and Organisation Development
- HR Transformation
- European Employment Legislation and Affairs
- Emergency Services
PPMA Business Plan
Click here to view all the latest Pension Updates
Changes to benefit structure and other aspects of Public Sector Pension Schemes, except for the LGPS, come into effect on 1st April 2015. We will be providing updates and links for further information from now until April, starting with
How changes to the Teachers' Pension Scheme in April 2015 may affect the scheme member
Count down to change
Gov.uk documents relating to the 2015 changes
Legislation – 2014 Regulations
Please keep an eye on this website and alert us if you would like further guidance.
Your Pensions Network.
How do I keep informed of the developments with the public sector pension schemes
from an HR perspective?
Join the PPMA’ Pensions Network!
The Public Sector People Managers’ Association (PPMA), is the voice and association for Human Resources and Organisational Development professionals working within the public sector.
The PPMA continually strives to enhance, promote and raise the standards of people management and development within all public sector services. Further information on the PPMA can be found at http://www.ppma.org.uk
Why and how you benefit form the PPMA Pensions Network
The question is why and how would you benefit from being a member of the PPMA Pensions Network? We are in a period of huge change for the majority of public sector pension schemes and it is crucial that HR professionals keep up-to-date with developments. It will be HR and Pension teams who will be responsible for communicating and informing prospective, existing and retiring staff about the new schemes. The various changes and the media coverage have made an already complex topic even more so. To have sustainable pension schemes in the future it is vital that our people join and then remain as they progress their career. This network will enable you to gain an improved understanding, have your views promoted at the highest level and share best practice in this key responsibility.
The PPMA has links across the public sector and with the National Association of Pension funds, NAPF, which ensures that information and views are shared and HR is represented at the highest level. For example in the case of the Local Government pension scheme the PPMA has a seat on the Department for Communities and Local Government’s Policy Review Group.
Membership of the Pensions network is important as it enables us to:
- Obtain your thoughts and views
- Provide a combined message
- Ensure that everyone is ready for the implementation of the new schemes; and
- Develop clear methods and messages of communicating
The benefits of being a member of the PPMA extend further than the current developments and changes to the pension schemes.
Being a member provides personal benefits which can be identified as:
- providing you with immediate access to an influential and supportive community of fellow people management and development professionals drawn from across the public sector;
- enabling you to develop your knowledge, skills and expertise through information, events, research and a range of opportunities to contribute to regional and national working groups and activities; and
- signalling that you are committed to your own professional development and to further enhancing the importance placed upon quality people management and development approaches within public services
There will be an opportunity in April at the PPMA’s Annual Seminar to attend a pensions roundtable with speakers including Jeff Houston, Head of Pensions, LGA and Mike Taylor, Chief Executive, LPFA. At this event the speakers will be talking of the latest developments and how to engage employees. Further details of the seminar can be found in the delegate brochure or on the PPMA website . If you want to know more about the PPMA’s pensions network please contact Susan Martin on 020 7369 6077, or email@example.com
You can view all the latest updates on Pensions by going to the Pensions Update page - click here to view
Pensions are full of jargon and it can be off putting. This website provides straight forward explanations for most of the technical jargon. It is also full of humour!