GLOBAL CORPORATE CHALLENGE
- Policy Leads
PPMA Business Plan
PPMA Shires Network
Director of Business Change Management
(Gloucestershire County Council)
The PPMA Shires Network is an essential forum for all colleagues responsible for leading HR in either a unitary or county authority in a shire setting. The Forum is regularly attended by over 11 council colleagues and fulfils the following roles:
- An invaluable source of information about trends in the HR world relevant to shire authorities.
- The opportunity to share greater understanding of some of the key people issues in our sector
- What and how professional developments are being adopted elsewhere.
- Provide key input into national studies and task teams as well as to the PPMA Board to shape the change agenda at a national level
- A source of professional development benefitting both individual members and our organisations.
- A valuable information exchange
We meet 3 times a year in London so that as many colleagues as possible can attend.
A flavour of some of the issues addressed over the last 6 months are:
- Leadership in the new world. A number of colleagues had either developed or were developing new programmes to underpin their revised organisational structures.
- Development of shared services
- Management restructuring and reviews including the need to reduce senior management team costs.
- Organisational re-design and the change management agenda
- Terms and conditions reviews
- Increasing Productivity in local government – workshop led by Hay Group.
- Sessions on the impact of the Localism Bill, the Hutton report on reward and on productivity.
Dates for the next network for 2013 are:
27 September 2013
The meetings will all take place in London, venue to be confirmed closer to the time.
Suggested timings are for attendees to arrive between 10.30-11.00, meeting to commence at 11.00 and conclude at approximately 2.00pm. Further details to be confirmed in due course.
Please contact Dilys Wynn (current Network Chair) on 01452 425824 or on firstname.lastname@example.org more information.